Pusztaradvány

the first mentioning of the locality comes from the 13th century when King Béla IV retumed to the country devastated by the Tartars and rewarded his remaining adherents. Thus, also Detre received some land as "eternal lodgings", among others, Radvány, as well. The grandchildren of Detre fought in the Battle of Rozgony on the side of the Amades against King Károly Róbert (Charles Robert),

« Back

therefore the monarch confiscated all the property of the defeated.
In 1333, George, son of Felkus bought back Radvány for 50 marks and gave up its rights to her daughter Zugka. The descendants of Felkus adopted the name "Radványi" (of Radvány).
After the Detre male line had died out, a lengthy lawsuit began for the territory. It was settled in 1397 by King Zsigmond (Sigismund) who confirmed Máté (Matthew) Radványi, his loyal fighter in the Bulgarian campaigns in the proprietorship. It suffered a lot in the Turkish and Austrian times; the number of local residents diminished significantly and its lands in villain tenure became deserted. It was re-settled at the end of the 18th century; in 1828 152 inhabitants lived here in 22 houses.