The Pallavicini mansion stands

free on a hillside in the centre of a park with ancient trees, in the central part of the settlement. It is a two-storey building at the main façade and a single-storey building at the back, with a rectangle ground-plan. A small enlargement with a trapezoid ground-plan steps out from its right side façade. The rhythm of its main façade is 2+3+2 with a raised level projection in the middle stepping out powerfully from the level of the wall.


« Back

The windows of the middle section are semicircular, with pilasters at the comers and a tympanum above it; its mirror is decorated with the coat-of-arms of the Pallavicini family. The division of the ground floor corresponds with the one of the first floor. Its back façade has a 2+4+2 axis with a projection with a tympanum stepping out in the middle.
The still neoclassical façade has both a dividing and a main edge with plastered window-framing at the openings and broad-stone at the comers. The roof covering is a sheet-metal covering typical for the region. A curiosity of the room currently serving as a lounge and billiard room is the brick-arch 'Prussian mitre'-shaped floor between the rails. The exact date and circumstances of the construction of the mansion could not be clarified even following a lengthy research work since the Archives of Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County preserve the material regarding Abaúj County only as of 1920; the material of historical Abaúj County is located in Kassa, Slovakia.